Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

are you my mommy?

Are you the mother who will gasp in shock when she sees my picture for the first time? 



The one who will know that I am hers even though she has never held me or touched me?



Are you the one who will work around the clock to fill out endless piles of paper so you can adopt me?




The one who will plow through the house finding things to sell will do fundraisers so that I can come home?


Are you the one who will rush crazily around the house washing windows and vacuuming floors so that when the social worker arrives, the house will pass inspection?




The one who will cry and weep at the thought of me over here alone ?


The one who won't be overwhelmed at my medical issues but will trust that God will help her care for me?



The one who can no longer look at other children without thinking about me and who is forever talking about me to everyone who will listen?



The one who wonders how big I am as she wanders through the stores, picking out outfits for my closet and imagining me inside those clothes?



The one who spends much of her time on her knees before the Lord praying over every single piece of paper that is needed for my adoption, that they will pass all the endless inspections required?




The one who is having her faith stretched beyond all human understanding that God will provide everything she needs to bring me home?



The one who carries my picture around in her wallet?




The one who counts down the months, weeks, days and minutes until she can come get me?



The one who yells like she has gone mad when she receives the Golden Ticket that means my paperwork gets to cross the ocean to my country?


The one who cries out for protection for the ones she is leaving behind as she boards a plane to my country?




Please?
Are you my mother?


Are you the Mommy who longs to walk into my world, my room, my life and hold me close to your heart?




Are you my mother? 


Are you the Mommy I long for every single day of my life?


I so very much want a mother.
Please are you my mother?


Yes, Noah I am your mother 

And in one week you will be mine for good  

If you only knew how hard it has been to wait for you to be ours or how we have missed you even before we met you. If you only knew how much your sisters love you and pray for you to be safe . If you only knew how many people would come together on your behalf. If you only knew how much we already love you.  

When we arrived at the orphanage today , I took Noah from the nannies arms as I always do and we sat down where we always do and he looked into each of our faces with his deep blue eyes as if taking an inventory of who was there and then he looked to where kris usually sits and we all got teary, 

It was as if he knew someone was missing . 

He kept arching his head to look over where kris usually sat at our visits . 

He knows something is different since these people started visiting him, but he has no idea that in one week his life will begin. 

5 comments:

  1. Noah, you have the best mum in the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! May God bless you and keep you and your family close to His heart through all of this journey. - Amanda DeGan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful! May God bless you and keep you and your family close to His heart on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so enjoying your family's adoption story. It is heart warming and every single post makes me cry. I'm sure your littles will be thrilled to see their dad but i can see how it is heartbreaking for any separation after such great bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so enjoying your family's adoption story. It is heart warming and every single post makes me cry. I'm sure your littles will be thrilled to see their dad but i can see how it is heartbreaking for any separation after such great bonding.

    ReplyDelete